The Arbor Day Foundation has renewed Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corp.’s certification as a Tree Line USA utility.
MTEMC has received the certification for three consecutive years for its practices in tree pruning, planting and care.
Tree Line USA is a partnership between the Arbor Day Foundation and the National Association of State Foresters and recognizes public and private utilities for using procedures that protect America's urban trees.
MTEMC has maintained this certification from Tree Line USA by meeting five criteria:
• Follow industry standards for quality tree care.
• Provide annual worker training in best tree care practices.
• Sponsor a tree planting and public education program.
• Maintain a tree-based energy conservation program.
• Participate in an Arbor Day celebration.
For more information on MTE’s Vegetation Management Program, call (877) 414-7685.