MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- The United Way’s annual report for June 1, 2012, to July 30, 2013, is now available at www.yourlocaluw.org.
The report details audited financial information for this time period, as well as the organization’s results and areas of focus.
According to United Way’s most recent audit, the United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties fundraising efficiency rating was almost six times higher than other nonprofit entities of similar scope.
The audit also reported that United Way’s administrative expenses were 15.2 percent, leaving 84.8 percent that was invested in the community through programming.
In reference to United Way’s successes, board chair Tracy Toy said, “Through United Way’s ability to mobilize and leverage resources, we have been able to see a 9-to-1 return on investments.”
Toy said the partnership has brought back more than $653,229 in free tax return assistance, the FamilyWize prescription program has saved citizens $325,395, and support of the 2-1-1 program allows anyone in the community to connect with local available resources.
“With the highest grossing year in our history, we had over $3.2 million in commitments,” he said.
For more information about United Way, call 615-893-7303.