Early voting began Wednesday for the Tuesday, Nov. 6, federal and state general election, as well as the general elections for Eagleville, La Vergne and Smyrna.
Early voting will be held from 7 a.m. till 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays until Thursday, Nov. 1. From 8 a.m. till noon Saturday, Oct. 20, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27, at the following locations:
• Election Commission Office, 1 Public Square, South, Suite 103, Murfreesboro
• Election Commission Annex, 426 E. Vine St., Murfreesboro
• SportsCom, 2310 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro
• Blackman Elementary School, 586 Fortress Blvd., Murfreesboro
• La Vergne Civic Auditorium, 283 Old Nashville Highway, La Vergne
• Tennessee Rehabilitation Center, 460 9th Ave., Smyrna
If voters are casting ballots in person, a state-issued photo ID is required.
Voters can also request an absentee ballot as an alternative to voting early or on Election Day.
Forms are available at rutherfordcountytn.gov/election or at the Rutherford County Election Commission Office on the Square.
Voters also may send a written request, which must be received by mail or fax or e-mail no later than Tuesday, Oct. 30, to the Rutherford County Election Commission.
Mail absentee ballot requests to the Election Commission at 1 Public Square South, Suite 103, in Murfreesboro. Ballots may also be faxed to 615-217-7144 or e-mail requests to Nicole Lester at email@example.com.