Mon, Nov 24, 2014

Murfreesboro woman a million dollar winner

Murfreesboro woman a million dollar winner

TN Lottery President & CEO Rebecca Hargrove and winner Tiffany Weightman
Tennessee Millionaires Club” has added two Tennesseans to a growing group of lottery players who have won $1 million or more. Including these latest winners, the Lottery has sold 31 tickets worth $1 million or more since its inception.

Tiffany Weightman, 34, of Murfreesboro, and Robert Hundrieser, Sr., 51, of Milan, both claimed a top prize of $1 million from the instant-ticket game today at the Lottery’s Nashville headquarters. The Lottery has paid $20,379,750 to “Tennessee Millionaires Club” winners since the game began.

“I couldn’t believe I won,” said Tiffany. “I was crying so hard when I called my husband, he thought I hit a car when I told him ‘I hit … the jackpot!’” Tiffany plans to continue working at U.S. Cold Storage in Smyrna, but a few purchases are not out of the question. “I’ve always wanted a convertible BMW,” said Tiffany, who has two children. “I think it’s going to be silver.”

Just after Tiffany left came Robert Hundrieser, his wife Rena and their two children. “I hung up on him when he called to tell me because I knew he was joking,” said Rena, who works at a Subway restaurant in Milan. “You just don’t know what this means to us.” The Hundriesers would like to purchase “much-needed” vehicles and fund their son’s college education with the prize.

In addition to 20 million-dollar prizes, “Tennessee Millionaires Club” includes over 8,000 prizes from $1,000 to $25,000 and over 720,000 prizes from $50 to $500.
None
March 05, 2009 at 4:53pm
I Sure am glad to see someone win from Murfreesboro. Sometimes i think its all a holks. May god bless you with your winnings & you praise him,because without him this would have never happened.
March 05, 2009 at 5:04pm
I'm happy for these people, BUT they should get to an reputable, independant financial advisor before they spend a dime! If invested properly first, they could make it last a lifetime. As it is, too many lottery winners blow through the money and some even end up bankrupt.

I haven't bought a lottery ticket yet, and don't intend to.
March 05, 2009 at 5:17pm
I agree with Curious 100%! Go to DaveRamsey.com and you can get a good financial advisor close by in this area.
March 05, 2009 at 6:30pm
Be careful handing out investment advise. If they had won this money a year ago and invested it as Dave Ramsey suggests 100% in the equities market, the $1.000000. would be approx $450,000. today.
March 05, 2009 at 8:54pm
You will begin to make new friends and relatives you didn't know will enter your life. Be very careful.
March 06, 2009 at 6:59am
i am su sure that you will hear 1,000,000 ways to spend your money and what to do with it. just make sure that you make decisions with your spouse and make sure you agree... most of all pray about it! congrats and if someone says that they are your long lost cousin.. tell them to stay lost!
March 06, 2009 at 7:39am
I'd like to hear a winner for once tell the truth, "I've already quit my job!" lol

As a FP for the Next Gen. instructor...get an ELP from Dave Ramsey. That BMW is not the first step. Godspeed.
March 06, 2009 at 11:02am
I'm glad to see someone local win! Congrats & be carefull
March 06, 2009 at 12:48pm

I'm glad to see that not everyone thinks Dave Ramsey's word is the gospel! :)

Good luck though and congratulations! You have been unbelievably blessed!
March 07, 2009 at 12:13pm
And if you do follow Dave's advice and invest today in a year or two your money will double when the market goes back up.
Also following his advice I have no house payment and if I lost my job we would still get by and not go under. Did I hear right that the lottery ticket was $20?