|Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department responded to a fire call around 2:40 p.m. Wednesday on Chariot Drive.
Upon entering one of the townhomes at the address, crews from District 8 and Engine 1 discovered heavy smoke. Ladder 8 pulled handlines and quickly extinguished a fire in the kitchen of the home. The fire was contained to the kitchen area.
The ceiling and cabinets above the stove were damaged by the fire. The unit also received smoke damage throughout.
No injuries were reported with this incident. The residents from the affected unit were displaced. The American Red Cross was called to assist them.
MFRD Fire Marshal’s Office was called to conduct a routine investigation. Preliminary reports suggest that unattended cooking was the cause of the fire. No further statements will be made at this time.