Middle Tennessee State University’s top administrators and deans will meet with prospective students in six Tennessee cities in September and October as part of its annual True Blue Tour.
The statewide tour, organized by the university’s Admissions Office, will include student receptions in Chattanooga on Sept. 17; Johnson City on Sept. 23; Knoxville on Sept. 24; Nashville on Oct. 8; Memphis on Oct. 21; and Jackson on Oct. 22.
MTSU President Sidney A. McPhee and other administrators, deans of the eight academic colleges, and counselors from the financial aid and admissions offices will be available to answer questions from prospective students and their parents. Prospective transfer students are also invited to attend.
“We look forward to these trips each year,” McPhee said. “They allow us to meet top-notch students across the state and tell them about all our university has to offer.”
MTSU’s admissions counselors will also meet with high school counselors at each tour stop and provide them with campus and program updates, said Deb Sells, vice president for student affairs and vice provost for enrollment and academic services.
Each True Blue Tour reception starts at 6 p.m. local time. The events are free, but students are asked to register in advance at http://tinyurl.com/truebluetour:
- Sept. 17 — Chattanooga, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza;
- Sept. 23 — Johnson City, The Millennium Place, 2001 Millennium Place;
- Sept. 24 — Knoxville, Club LeConte, 800 South Gay St.;
- Oct. 8 — Nashville, Music City Center, 150 4th Ave. North, in Nashville;
- Oct. 21 — Memphis, Memphis Botanic Gardens, 750 Cherry Rd., Memphis;
- Oct. 22 — Jackson, The Jackson Country Club, 31 Jackson Country Club Dr.
Students who apply for MTSU admission by Dec. 1 receive priority consideration for scholarships, Sells said.
MTSU is also reaching out to about 15,000 Tennessee high school seniors with ACT scores of 19 and higher with a mailed brochure inviting them to attend a tour stop and visit the Murfreesboro campus, Sells said.
“We’re hoping to see many of them at our recruiting events across the state, as well as at our special preview days on campus,” she said.
Sells said special events on the Murfreesboro campus for prospective students and counselors this fall include:
- True Blue Experience Days will be held Friday, Sept. 6 (for high ability students), and Friday, Nov. 22 (for transfer students), with both scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Student Union Building
- Fall Preview Days will be held Saturday, Sept. 28, and Saturday, Nov. 9, both starting at 8 a.m. in the Student Union Building.
- High school and community college students and counselors, as well as parents, can register to attend any MTSU Admissions events by going tohttp://tinyurl.com/truebluetour.