Latest News -

Wed, Jul 23, 2014

MFRD Responds to Fire at Duplex

Comment   Email   Print

Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s District 8 and Engine 1 responded to a fire at a duplex located at 1706 Craig Court just after 11:00 Sunday night.

“Crews got a quick knockdown on the fire,” said Shift Commander Daryl Alexander. “The fire appeared to have started as the result of unattended cooking,” he continued.

Two occupants were displaced, but did not require assistance from the Red Cross.

MFRD responds to several unattended cooking fires throughout the year. Listed below are some helpful “Cooking Safety” tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).

COOKING SAFETY

• Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, grilling, or boiling food. If you absolutely have to leave the kitchen, turn the stove off.

• If you are sleepy, do not use the stove or stovetop.

• If you are simmering, baking, roasting, or boiling food, check it regularly and remain in your home while the food is cooking. Use a timer to remind you that you are cooking.

• If you DO have a cooking fire, get out of the house immediately and close the door behind you to contain the fire. Dial 9-1-1.

If you need further information on Cooking Safety, contact MFRD at 615-893-1422 or visit our department’s page on www.murfreesborotn.gov.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
court, craig, department, duplex, fire, rescue
Share: 
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
Newspaper Software | Website Builder