Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department‚Äôs Districts 1, 3, and Rescue 2 were dispatched to a fire call at 521 Mercury Boulevard (Patterson Park Community Center) around 2:15 Wednesday afternoon.
When crews arrived on scene, they discovered heavy smoke coming from the outdoor bathroom which is located by the field near the pavilion.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire and called in the Fire Marshal‚Äôs Office to investigate. The fire originated in the toilet paper dispenser.
According to Assistant Fire Marshal Carl Peas, the fire was intentionally set and caused approximately $100.00 worth of damage. Peas viewed the community center‚Äôs surveillance camera footage, but there was no view of that particular area.
MFRD has no suspects at this time.
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact MFRD‚Äôs Fire Marshal‚Äôs Office at 615-849-2605 or Rutherford County Crime Stoppers at 615-893-STOP (7867) Monday through Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm. Callers will remain anonymous and cash rewards of up to $1,000.00 are offered for information leading to the arrest of persons of interest.