Latest News -

Fri, Aug 22, 2014

House severely damaged in Monday fire

Comment   Email   Print
House severely damaged in Monday fire | Murfreesboro, Fire, MFRD, Fire Department

Firefighters battle a blaze Feb. 4, 2013, at a home on January Street in Murfreesboro, Tenn. The home sustained heavy damage from the fire. (Photo submitted)

From the Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department:

The Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department’s Districts 1 and 9 and Rescue 2 responded to a house fire at 106 January Street just after 2 o'clock Monday afternoon.

Upon arrival, crews discovered heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.

“The blaze was rolling, but crews got in there and extinguished the fire quickly,”  Shift Commander Daryl Alexander said, adding the home received major fire and smoke damage.

The Fire Marshal’s Office was called to investigate. At this time the fire appears to have started on the stove.

More information on the fire will be released as it becomes available.

Read more from:
News
Tags: 
Fire, Fire Department, MFRD, Murfreesboro
Share: 
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
Newspaper Software | Website Builder