Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue Department’s District 1 and Rescue 8 responded to a house fire at 427 State Street just after 8:00 Thursday night.
When crews arrived on scene, they discovered heavy smoke exiting the structure. Crews located the fire in the kitchen area. According to Shift Commander Dale Maynard, “They got a great knock down on the fire, but it got into the attic and eaves of the home.” Crews were able to extinguish the fire and hotspots in the attic.
The fire appears to have started in the kitchen as the result of cooking french fries on the stove. The kitchen, attic, and eaves received significant fire damage and the house had heavy smoke damage throughout.
The four residents are displaced, but are receiving assistance from the American Red Cross