Welcome Visitor
Today is Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fire causes $25K in damages to barn

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
A fire smolders in Christiana on Jan. 22, 2014, after crews with the Rutherford County Fire Rescue Department extinguished it. A barn was destroyed in the fire. (Photo submitted)

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- A heater and a heat lamp too close to objects apparently caused a storage barn to ignite, resulting in about $25,000 in damages Wednesday morning in Christiana, said Rutherford County Fire Rescue Chief Larry Farley.

The owner told firefighters she used the heater and heat lamp to keep pets warm in the storage barn. She was able to save the pets from harm.

Rutherford County Fire Rescue responded with two engines to the fire on Highway 269, where they found the storage barn engulfed in flames, the chief said. 

Firefighters pulled two lines to attack the fire. 

They were joined by Fosterville Midland Volunteer Fire Department firefighters.

“Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in 10 minutes and saved a large farm tractor next to the barn,” Farley said. “Once the fire was out, firefighters removed items from the remains of the structure to wet down any hot spots that remained.”

Items destroyed were a zero-turn radius lawn mower, 400cc Honda four wheeler, pallet jack, several hand tools and push mower. The structure and contents were valued at $25,000. 


Read more from:
Christiana, Fire, Fire Department, RCFRD, Rutherford County
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: