Welcome Visitor
Today is Friday, April 28, 2017

Electrical problem likely cause of garage fire

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles
Firefighters respond to a fire that erupted inside a detached garage behind a Grassmere Court residence on March 19, 2013, in Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Photo courtesy of the Murfreesboro Fire Department)

Murfreesboro officials believe electrical issues are to blame for a Tuesday afternoon fire that damaged a garage in the 1200 block of Grassmere Court.

Assistant Fire Marshal Carl Peas said the results of a preliminary investigation suggest the fire started in the wall and was electrical in nature, according to a Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department press release.

No one was injured in the fire, which broke out at about 12:30 p.m.

When emergency personnel and crews responded to the scene, they reportedly saw smoke billowing out of a two-story detached garage behind the Grassmere Court residence.

Fire Department officials said crews had difficulty making entry due to the building not having any pedestrian doors. However, firefighters were able to make entry through a rear window, while rescuers pried open the garage door.

Once inside the garage, officials said, crews quickly extinguished the fire.

“We got a good stop on it,” said Cumbey Gaines, chief of the Fire Department.

No vehicles were in the garage at the time of the fire, though some items that were stored inside the building were damaged.

Read more from:
Fire, Fire Department, Grassmere Court, Murfreesboro
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: