|Early voting for the presidential preference and Rutherford County primaries started Wednesday.
Voters are asked to cast a ballot for their favorite Republican and Democratic presidential candidates, Republican delegates, and county assessor of property and road superintendent. Early voting runs through Feb. 28 at locations in the county. Those locations are:
• La Vergne Civic Auditorium, 283 Old Nashville Highway, La Vergne;
• Tennessee Rehabilitation Center, 406 Ninth Ave., Smyrna;
• SportsCom, 2310 Memorial Blvd., Murfreesboro;
• Rutherford County Election Commission Annex, 426 E. Vine St., Murfreesboro;
• Blackman Elementary School, 586 Fortress Blvd., Murfreesboro; and
• Rutherford County Election Commission Office, No. 1 Public Square South, Suite 103, Murfreesboro.
Early voting locations will be open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Feb. 18, and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday Feb. 25, with the exception of the Election Commission office, which will be open 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Feb. 18, and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday Feb. 25. The Election Commission office will be closed Monday, Feb. 20, for President's Day.
In the property assessor race, incumbent Bill Boner squares off with William Austin Jr. and Lance Jenkins in the Republican primary. Rob Mitchell is the lone Democrat in the race.
In the road superintendent race, Robert Alsup, Greg Brooks, Buddy Gambill Jr. and Joe Frank Jernigan round out the crowded Republican field. For the Democrats, BJ Smotherman is a shoo-in, as he is the only primary candidate. Incumbent Mike Williams announced last year he will not seek re-election.
Murfreesboro voters will return to the polls April 17 for municipal elections.