Welcome Visitor
Today is Thursday, January 19, 2017

Car catches fire outside Huntington Drive home

Comment   Email   Print
Related Articles

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. -- Crews with the Murfreesboro Fire and Rescue Department were called Wednesday to the 1600 block of Huntington Drive after a truck caught fire.

When firefighters arrived at 1617 Huntington Drive just before 3 p.m., they found a truck that was parked in a garage on fire, according to officials with the Fire Department.

“Crews arrived to discover a 1997 Dodge Ram under a detached carport with fire under the dashboard,” said Ashley McDonald, public information officer for the Fire Department. “Crews were able to contain the fire to the vehicle, and keep it from endangering the carport and the residence.”

She said no one was injured in the incident.

Daryl Alexander, who served as shift commander during the incident, said the fire “could have gotten out of hand fast” if firefighters had not done such a great job battling the blaze.

“Crews got the fire out quickly and were able to minimize damage,” Alexander said. “They did a fantastic job.”

McDonald said they are not yet sure what started the fire, though officials believe an electrical issue likely caused it.

Although the carport only received minimal smoke damage and the fire did not reach the residence, she said, “The truck is believed to be a total loss.”

-- Marie Kemph, mkemph@murfreesboropost.com

Read more from:
Fire, Fire Department, Huntington Drive, MFRD
Comment   Email   Print
Powered by Bondware
News Publishing Software

The browser you are using is outdated!

You may not be getting all you can out of your browsing experience
and may be open to security risks!

Consider upgrading to the latest version of your browser or choose on below: